Retail advertising is no longer a brick and mortar approach with the advent of sophisticated marketing technology. Even then, the value of traditional advertising strategies has not diminished completely. For instance, store signs are still essential to retail corporations as well as start-up entrepreneurs. This only shows the retail signage remains a powerful advertising medium despite the emergence of more innovative concepts and tools.
Quality and Simplicity
The key is quality as well as simplicity. These are factors that trigger some of the best practices concerning retail signage. The copy must be short and straightforward so consumers can read in within five seconds.
Information must be short and snappy for the greatest impact. The message matters. Savvy retailers should keep this in mind.
It is also essential to follow the standard procedure in marketing signage. There should be a banner or title followed by brief explanation and call to action.
You need to set targets for every sign and inform consumers the five fundamental W’s:
Formulate a workable strategy that will become effective in the long-term. Otherwise, you will not be able to achieve the best outcome which is to generate considerable sales. It is important to determine the type of retail signage capable of persuading target consumers to patronize your establishment. Will it be the traditional signboard? Or, is a digital screen the more practical choice? Identify the screen model, where the sign must be poisoned and how often should the content be changed.
Recommendations to achieve your targets
- Identify your main marketing goal. This can be the need to move stocks; draw attention to a special offer; promote new merchandise (apparel or fashion accessories); or, generate quick sales. Focus on this objective to figure out the appropriate message to customers.
- Pinpoint your target buyers. This will enable the marketer or retailer to come up with the right strategies. Identify your market to conceive suitable messages.
- Simplify your text. Follow the basic principles of journalism. Omit all unimportant phrases, prepositions and expressions.
- Set the launch date and campaign timetable. Does it have to coincide with a particular holiday, event or upcoming trends? The date of launching must offer a workable timeline.
- What is the impact that you desire? This is determined by quantifying tangible or concrete and intangible effects of the merchandise or possible influence on customers. Find out how consumers will react to the signage and their likely decisions after responding to the promotional activity.
- Always have a realistic Call to Action (CTA) ready. The signage is an advertisement. It is not enough to design a colorful and beautiful sign without any call to action. You must get consumers to do something that will benefit your business. An effective signage has a simple objective. Create an opportunity for the customer to make a purchase and keep on coming back to your store.
- Finally, make up your mind regarding the definite position or location of the retail signs. Will you have more sings inside and just a single but large signage outside? Evaluate each option carefully before making a final decision.
The LED Display
A light-emitting diode (LED) is a flat panel screen using light-emitting diodes as video show. LED has become a popular tool for store signs and billboards. In modern and conventional advertising, LED digital screens are fast becoming popular for both indoor and outdoor venues due to their adaptability. The LED display is also more economical and highlights images better. The screen size is important in determining if LED is applicable. It is most ideal for round and elevated post signs. This kind of signage lights up fast and therefore can be your best option.
What are the benefits of using LED signs?
- Messages are seen easily even from a distance. This is similar to a PC monitor that connects through wireless connections. The content is shown by using simple settings.
- The advertising message is updated or changed quickly. It is not hampered by outdoor conditions. Big advertising screens usually make updates once every month. Smaller models update once or more weekly.
- LED screens promote energy conservation as well as protection of the environment. It can endure extreme weather conditions.
- LED enhances diversity in advertising. Majority of these signs are set up in areas where foot and vehicle traffic are heavy. The visual effects are awesome not only for business but sports and entertainment as well.
- LED is also economical because of the Solid State Lighting. It is made of Solid State Lighting or SSL since it is fabricated from sturdy material without any tubes, filaments or bulbs that have the tendency to break easily.
- The LED monitor ensures sharp reproduction of colors as against the LCD screen. Production of LED digital screens has increased over the years making them preferred products.
However, LED technology also has some downsides. It can also be more expensive compared to the usual lighting systems. It needs to be supplied with the proper voltage and electricity constantly. This entails know-how in electronics for designing electronic drivers.
What to Expect?
It is a foregone conclusion. Retailers, marketers and advertisers must keep abreast of the best practices in retail signage. It can spell the difference between a successful, not quite successful and failed enterprise. Yes, it all boils down to solid strategies and implementation. It also calls for understanding trends in the business that can help the entrepreneur decide on realistic techniques. Refrain from doing anything especially when it comes to marketing and advertising that you do not feel comfortable with. Do things slowly and prudently.